Social Icons

Monday, October 1, 2012

Garden of Life product review


Perfect Food Raw
Garden of Life perfect food raw is a supplement that contains barley grass juice,alfalfa grass juice, oat grass juice, wheat grass juice and kamut grass juice. It comes in two forms, powder and capsule. The powder comes in individual 8 gram packets if you want to try it out first or you can go ahead and plunge feet first into the natural living pool and buy the 240 gram bottle. The 8 gram packets were $1.49 each at Whole Foods and the jar was around $38.       
The product is easy to use you just add a packet to water or juice.

I chose to mix one of the packets with some organic cherry juice and I will admit , the smell of the green powder mixing with the juice made me a tad queasy and semi dreading the taste...ah the taste...was hard to get through. I am not sure if it was the old broccoli smell  that the powder had but, I only made it through half of the glass before giving up. The taste was very overpowering and left an aftertaste. I hate to give up on this product because the supplement does have a significant amount of minerals,nutrients and enzymes that are beneficial to any diet . So, I am going to try blending the powder in a smoothie and seeing if that masks the taste better. Garden of life also has capsules for anyone that didn't like the taste of the powder or find the pills more convenient than mixing the powder.

The powder made the juice thicker 

Pros
  • Healthy Detoxifier
  • Raw Energy
  • Organic
  • Vegan
  • Non GMO
  • Full of Nutrients, Antioxidants, Enzymes and Probiotics

Cons
  • Taste
  • Is a bit pricey in stores but ,cheaper online.
  • Smells a bit pungent  
Who should buy?

This product is for anybody interested in adopting the green way of life, anyone interested in adding a new supplement to their diet, anyone who doesn't eat enough fruits or veggies or anyone wanting to improve their health.

Interested?

You can buy this product online at Amazon : Garden of Life Perfect Food Raw 

Tell us ..Do you take any supplements? If so which ones?  
                               

4 comments:

  1. I learn something new every time I visit! I'm not sure I want to try this supplement...but have you noticed any positive changes after drinking it?...if you are still drinking it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been one too indulge in the green drinks ,but I did try a similar supplement and found it more palatable when I mixed it with a thicker type juice such as v8.Don't give up on it maybe try the pills if all fails . I heard there is really no difference between the pills and the powders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take spirulina and this sounds like it would be a good addition to my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have noticed that my insides feel better after using this stuff , but I haven't notice any real changes yet maybe after I start taking it regularly . I did give up on the powder and now will try the pills.... Defeat.

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Blogger Templates